Monday, September 10, 2007

Ashamed of losing

I'm reading High Probability Trading today and I can see something with what I'm too familiar. Losing big time, losing control completely. It's sad but it's so common problem that it's crazy, one of mine many situations was back in July. It easily can happen again. Same pattern killed TraderZBS many times.

Making decisions that you will trade differently next time is not enough. Simple thoughts and decisions are not enough. Deeper introspective is necessary because it will happen again and again. I don't have the answer for myself yet. But it's the biggest problem out there in trading for me and I think for everybody else.

And for the end I want to share picture of madness that I had back in March when I lost about 20% of account. I was to ashamed to share that at that time.



Forex Intraday Trading
Forex Intraday Trading
Forex Intraday Trading

3 comments:

HPT said...

Your words are true. I'm looking forward to using a program to lock me out when I hit a max loss for the day. These big drawdown days seperate the pro's from the retail traders, and keep me from stepping up my trading to another level.

Jonathan said...

Can you share a bit about your methodology. It seems to me you're try to catch a reversal. I know the temptation is to catch a move at the beginning, but I think you're feeling the pain when you don't catch it.

I've blown out twice and my biggest piece of advice to avoid that situation is to stop. Find a mentor and trade as small as you possibly can.

Using Onanda, you should be able to trade really small. Sorry to be longwinded, just trying to help :)

FX said...

Methodology is pretty much discretionary trading with trying to understand what is happening and reacting to that. I can see many trend following moments, but I have trouble trading that way and I'm trying to correct that. Catching reversals is just psychologically easier for me.

This example is just one small trade gone very bad because I didn't wan't to stop when there was time to stop, and than I got in mental state where is hard to stop.

Thanks on your advice and help :)