Monday, August 13, 2007

I broke the rules

First trade I moved the stop. I was saved by 2-3 pips. It's so rewarding to break rules I didn't get -20 but rewarded with +12. So it's 30 pips difference. Very easy to get used to it, but than I pay later.




I don't think that any rules will help my trading. I can't talk myself into good trading. I think that moving stops and averaging is second problem, smaller. First is that I don't trade trends. I don't go in the market direction. I always try to catch reversal.

Why? Funny, I fear of the loss, but when I trade reversal there is no fear.



I dig the hole with this trade. Started to move stops and than I started to "saving" myself with gbp/jpy trades. In the end in this one I took -23 stop.



This really is something. Madness and despair in the act. -19 -20 -17 +21 +16 +26 = +7
What if position 4. and 5. got their stops how big loss would that be +100 pips!

Position 1. had nice profit but it wasn't enough to save gbp/usd loss at that time so I made a loser out of it.





I got to start thinking in the other direction. Not how to stop bad behavior but how to start good one. It's all about "trading to win" vs. "trading not to lose".


Today wasn't disaster because in the end it was -8 pips regular size pip loss. But it's disastrous trading.

No comments: