Friday, August 24, 2007

Forex trading 08/24/07

Let's put aside my inability to trade in direction of the trends.
I totally don't know how can I pick reversals so often and so precise. I just have a need to enter that trade. It's not that I was mad by letting rally up go besides me. I was clear in my head making notes of buying points paper trading in my mind. But it's like it's not meant for me to trade on that kind of moves. But when reversal is approaching, it doesn't have to be full reversal, just reaction I got to get in. It's my kind of move.
Ability to pick reversals is probably a lot's of screen time that's now integrated in my mind. Because of it it's the problem also to learn new tricks. When you learn something it's hard to unlearn and it's hard to learn opposite skill set.

Yesterday I was thinking and realized that I'm mixing swing trading ideas with scalping for small profits. I don't do swing trades because I like to keep my stops (when I oblige them) close. It's too close for swing. Other thing is that I never stay in the trade for the whole move.
OK I have swing trading ideas and scalp trading personality. So I had a long talk with myself that it's ok to use swing idea, make a scalp trade and leave profits on the table. It's better than don't go in at all.
So I was in peace with my exit and leaving profits on the table.

+12 (10)





Forex Intraday Trading
Forex Intraday Trading
Forex Intraday Trading

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say a win is a win. So, as long as you are making profits, then keep the style you got. Swing-Scalper style..hmm, sounds good to me.

FX said...

Thanks on encouragement ;)

Anonymous said...

hello FX,

read your Oanda article you wrote a few months back. Do you trade around news announcements? have you had any problems with the system shutting down ?And last, do you have problem with getting in trade and then the spread widening? Thanks.

Oh, if a person was to become a big trader, what other broker do you recommend if they wanted more leverage,hedging ,etc.....

once again, thanks for your blog.

FX said...

Hi,

Yes there was time period when it was hard to log in and stuff like that, other users at Oanda forums also complained about that. But it was short, few days, and back to normal. I newer traded with other brokers but I value Oanda's platform as stable 99,9% time for a few years now.

Regarding widening of the spread. Spread don't wideness if I or anybody get in the trade but on 20 second before important news announces. There is spike in volatility at that time and it's reflected in spike in size of spread.
I trade some news announces but I always wait until spread goes back to normal size 2,3 minutes after the news and than trade. There is usually enough opportunity to get some part of the move if it is real.
At Oanda I newer had problem with getting in or out of the trade.

About recommendations of other brokers, I really don't know what other broker would be good to use.