Friday, June 22, 2007

06/22/07

First trade after long time. I have a day off from work so I'm back trading.


I shorted eur/jpy, my favorite expect reversal trade. There was a possibility that eur/usd is stalling and also that usd/jpy would stop short of 124 figure. Didn't open big position just Lx3.


Eur/jpy just broke the range so there was option of testing the highs of the range.



I had nice 15 pips of profits around 9 a.m. but I wanted to get more. In a second usd/jpy snapped through 124 and eur/jpy was higher. I had the need to average down around entry of 166.36 but resisted the temptation. Learning.

There were some EU news that take eur down so I exited with small 4 pips of profit.




Swing and scalp nature of my trading mind were clashing in this trade. Open was swing, lost possibility of profits in a scalp mode, out was scalp mode. But in the end things that I expected to happen didn't, so swing trade should be over when usd/jpy broke 124.

Usually in situation like this swing trade could develop over hours or days. But for daytrading which I'm more inclined scalp is better.

No comments: