Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update and March 2011. results

-132 pips
-40%


My trading is bad, really bad, market is difficult and I never remember so much bad results without positive days. Big percentage drop is because there is low amount of money in account and I don't want to trade with too small positions because it then wouldn't be realistic for me. After bad day at 14th I didn't want to blog about it. It's sometimes too difficult because there is nothing that I can say in my defense or to explain. There is feeling about being accountable in front of blogosphere and sometimes it's simply embarrassing to be open and show it all.


30.
Yesterday my first idea was valid, I was long into a breakout. It turned fake one and stop was ok price to pay for that opportunity. Trades after that one were me being stubborn and pressing that long side without much of an reason.
Later I caught nice trade in eur/usd, I just noticed the potential, executed and stop held and trade was nice winner. After I wanted to reverse but was afraid to do so. When it became obvious that I missed I wanted to go short again (usual thing when I miss, go in other direction to not miss again). Even that would be ok if I just used first opportunity where I got stopped with 2 pips. No, I started tilting and lost all that I previously won on that nice short trade.
-17 full size pips







29.
Market was at least moving which is rare lately. I had trades on every turning point in right direction. Didn't capitalize on that. It's difference with trading not to lose (which is obviously where I am) and trading to win. +1 full size pip


17.
Here on seventeenth I had experiment I wanted to see can I follow rules to the letter if I want to. Rules were sequence of ten trades, +6 pips or -6 pips, no managing trade after entry, pause of at least three minutes between trades. I didn't broke any rules. It was really different then usual trading. Got a bit stubborn in the middle. Seven negative and three positive trades gives net of four negative trades for -26 half size pips or -13 full size.




14.
This gambling was so bad that I couldn't publish it when it happened, it was too embarrassing. I stayed up most of the night starring at the chart. First part was bad but it was profitable and I continued. I could have easily lost all that I had in account. Market came back some fifty pips back from worst point. I just couldn't close it. Pure gambling and emotions in worst possible sense. One of top 5 low points in my trading experience.
-45 full size pips

1 comment:

Sith-Trader said...

I don't know but since Libya crysis, the forex seemed dull for me. Strong hypotesis there's lack of news.

If you want to where my profit come from this month is from holding the winner longer. 100 ticks or more. Learn to hold your trade longer maybe the key.