Friday, April 13, 2007

Averaging gone bad

First of all break through big number doesn't always mean that there will be fast reaction back, so first trade is mediocre. But action that followed was simply bad. Averaging and more averaging well this is how it looks. I had a chance to go out on b/e on that tail after third trade, but I was thinking it's reversing I will stick around. When you average it's hard to just get out of it all because you look ridiculous, why than you started averaging in the first place. As price goes up, everything looks like a top so you add. Fortunately audusd is slow mover so the risk was not as big as it could be in some other pair.
In the morning I was wiser and took -25 stop.
Trading can really expose debilitating tendencies in a person and it's not pretty to look at.
I'm glad that I share this in my blog because it's humiliating to do so, I think that is a good medicine for it.

No comments: