Thursday, June 27, 2013

Google reader replacements


Dreaded day is around the corner. Google will abandon their don't be evil motto and kill reader. In last three months looking for replacement I found three that does job sufficiently. I don't know which will prevail because I'm still using google reader.

The Old Reader is what google reader was few years ago. It's probably my first choice for now but it's too soon to know.

Aol Reader is newcomer and surprise because it wasn't anticipated like Digg reader was (which I didn't see yet). It looks like polished product in early stage.

Netvibes is more than a reader. It's dashboard kind of platform, but can easily be configured just to use as a reader.


2 comments:

Black said...

I started using google reader after reading your blog years back and absolutely loved it. Really sad google is taking this direction. Not sure what to do for me but thanks for the recommendations.

FX said...

My favorite in the list is now AOL reader, after few more days of testing. Digg reader is also out but so far it's not updating new feeds for me. AOL is giving me most familiar experience.